Monday 24 June 2013

IMATS London 2013

If there is one day of the year that I look forward to more than most, it is the day I go to IMATS. I've been for the previous two years and have loved each and every time. It's so lovely to see so many creative and passionate people in one place. I am definitely the most makeup/skincare/beauty obsessed out of my friends, without a doubt, and when I go to IMATS I feel like I finally fit in somewhere. I can turn round to the person next to me and rattle off how I'm totally in love with *this* lipstick shade and they can respond, knowing what I'm talking about! 
 photo collage12_zpsb7875382.jpg
Philosophy The Present primer  |  Dr Jart Waterfuse BB Cream  |  By Terry Touche Veloutee  |  Rimmel Stay Matte powder  |  MAC Fleur Power  |  NARS Laguna  |  Urban Decay Primer Potion  |  MAC Vanilla (lid)  |  MAC Naked Lunch (inner corner)  |  MAC Trax (crease)  |  MAC Sketch (outer corner)  |  Topshop Coal liner  |  Clinique High Impact Extreme  |  MAC Omega (brows)  |  Revlon Balm Stain in Honey  |  Skindinavia Original Setting Spray
This year, not only did I meet some of the most influential makeup artists in the industry, I also met some of the biggest names in the blogging/YouTube community. I can honestly say that they were all just as lovely as they come across in their blogs/videos. I briefly spoke to Fleur and Ingrid, they had a long line of people waiting to talk to them so it was a fleeting conversation but they were so nice and bloody gorgeous! I also got to have a quick chat with Becky who was lovely, she was wearing such a pretty dress. I love it when you meet someone genuinely cheerful and talkative - they're so easy to be around.
 photo collageasd_zpsbceab838.jpg
Sneaky snap of Captain Jack Sparrow... 
I was lucky enough to be a few rows back in the 'Power of Social Media' talk which was hosted by Ruth, Louise, Vivianna and Caroline. It was hilarious, they had great chemistry as a group and divulged on some of the tricks of the trade and some rather amusing stories and opinions. It was so nice to get the opportunity to talk to the people behind the blogs, very motivational too. I didn't get the chance to chat to Caroline afterwards but Ruth, Louise and Vivianna were all really friendly (and so beautiful) and stood for photos with countless people which was very kind of them!
 photo collagegxfgdrf_zps5da5d3d5.jpg
If you're a makeup lover or just love the blogging/YouTube community then I'd definitely recommend going to IMATS. I didn't get the chance to do much shopping this year (NARS was absolutely crazy, SO busy) but the brands usually have some kind of discount which is always nice!

Did any of you guys go to IMATS? Send me your links to any posts you've done! 



2 comments:

  1. I agree, I completely loved IMATS (again) and recommend to anyone with an interest they should GO. Also loved the power of social media talk very inspirational and the team were brilliant: informative, chatty, funny and a pleasure to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The talk was great wasn't it?! Bring on next year :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...